Friday 22 May 2020

Book Review: Loving Callie by Julia Jarrett


My Review:
Debut? Really? I loved this book. I could have read this all in one whole sitting but had to put it down as my two year old was sick. I love finding new to me authors or debut author like the lovely JJ.

Doctor Callie Scott, I loved her. I'm pretty sure this is the first book I have read with a female doctor. She is downing in parental expectations with out receiving any true affection or love from her parents. Wealthy and politically motivated they use their only child as a prop in their lives instead of a beloved member of the family. Nothing Callie ever does is good enough for her parents.

Jake Evans is the owner of the new Lucky Strikes Pub, the place he’s worked so hard to create to fulfill his dream. Jake ends up crossing paths with Doctor Scott and from then on, his world just won't be the same.

You feel Callie and Jake’s connection from the very beginning. I fell in love with them and was rooting for them.

This is a MUST READ. I highly recommend it.

I received an advance copy of this book. I am voluntarily giving my honest review, and I plan to buy this book when it becomes available.

Book Links:

GoodreadsAmazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment