Saturday 8 June 2019

Book Review: Amplifier by Max Henry

My Review:

Amplifier is book two in the Dark Tide series. This is Henley and Kris' story. I immediately fell in love with Kris, the lead guitarist of Dark Tide.

Lead Guitarist Kris Moran is the quiet one, Dark Tide's very own Dark Horse.
It's clear from the very first page this is one very troubled, shadowed man, prone to intense introspection and self doubt.

During the last leg of the tour, Henley walks on as a guitar tech. Seemingly starstruck, Kris immediately suspicious of Henley. Is she a groadie (groupie-roadie) and can she be trusted? As he tries to discover the truth, he starts to feel his walls crumbling.

Though this is a true standalone, for those that have read the first of the series, Down Beat, we again see more of the equally troubled lead singer Rey and have more of an insight and contact with bassist Emery, whose story I'm also now dying to read!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to reading more books from this author - it looks like Emery is next!

Deserved of way more than 5 stars! This book is a MUST READ! I received an advance copy of this book. I am voluntarily giving my honest review.
 

Book Links:

GoodreadsAmazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment